Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easter 2009

Easter this year was supposed to be no fuss, no muss. Unfortunately, the Tuesday before Easter I found out that I had kidney stones that I was trying to pass. I can't get in to see a urologist until the 22nd of April because it is not urgent enough. Meanwhile, I am on pain killers, and anti-nausea medication. They call it pain management. So as I laid on the couch all week, I had to choreograph my husband and daughter Autumn into assisting me to make not one, but two Easter meals. It actually was not all that bad. We just doubled all that we made. Brunch was spectacular and we shared it with some of our dear friends from Martinez who are also a gluten-free household. So our meal consisted of baked ham with a cherry-pineapple glaze, a creamy potato casserole, roasted marinated asparagus, salad with lots of fruit, cheese and nuts and a citrus-champagne vinaigrette, along with Mimos'a, and for dessert a beautiful mixed berry Pavlova. All of htese recipes can be found on the Gluten Free Fox website. My friend Carla made yummy scrambled eggs, and apple sausages to accompany this huge meal. All was so delicious which made us not want to move for hours. Carla's husband Fonse had to work so he was unable to join us for the est of our day. We missed him! We spent the rest of the day with Carla and her sons (Cameron and Skyler) at Carla's sister's house (Zola). They were very gracious hosts and had such a lovely home and huge yard. We met most of Carla's family which was very nice. The children had so much fun. There was plenty of things to keep them busy. The egg hunt was a hit with my daughter finding a golden egg with $20.00 in it.
Unfortunately we had to leave by 4:00 p.m. so we could make it home in time to eat our Easter dinner in our own home. Crazy, crazy!! Luckily our dinner was already made. We just needed to heat it up. A little preparation goes a very long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment