Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Gluten-free pecan tassies

This is an old recipe from 1982 that I received from a former co-worker from Joyland Preschool in Citrus Heights.  Her name was "Pat the cook".  That is unfortunately the only way I remember her.  She was the chief cook for our preschool for many years.  She had wonderful old recipes handed down through her family that she would share with if only we asked.  I was never a pecan pie fan but these pcan tassies were to die for.  They are the perfect mouthful of dough, pecan and buttery sweetness.  I slightly changes the recipe to make it gluten-free.  I made these for my husband, Michael, who is a huge fan of pecan pies, for Thanksgiving this year.  it was the absolute hit of the evening!  They are incredibly easy to make.  My family can't wait until I make them again.  Enjoy! 
Dough
1 –3 oz cream cheese – soften
½ cup butter
1 cup flour
¼ cup powder sugar


Mix well and chill while mixing filling


Filling
1 egg
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
dash salt
about 2/3 cup pecans


Beat together all ingredients except pecans.


When ready to bake, press dough against the bottom and sides of small muffin pan. Sprinkle pecans in bottom and placefilling on top. (Not over half full)


Bake in slow oven - 325 degrees for 25 mins. Or until filling is set and dough light brown.


*Note: I always double this and use 1 8 oz. Pack cream cheese. Dough can be made a day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment